Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Peroni Nastro Azzurro

abv - 5.1% alc/vol
Italy
6pk - $19

There is nothing quite like a beer after you've been mowing the lawn and I think this is a perfect daytime brew, not too complicated - just right to throw down on a hot sunny day. 
A light golden colour with a clean nose - just like a good lager should have(a good lager should not smell like the first home brew you made when you were a 16 year old master brewer!)
This has a slight grassy palate too, almost a sweet edge to it, which I think means you can enjoy this on it's own or pair it with a bit of antipasto (and grilled seafood - as my trusty beer helper is telling me ti write) as I did.
I think another thing I need to mention is the lack of change to the label over the last 8 years or so. All too often I see Aussie beers changing their label to look like other beers or to get their market's attention, Peroni however, hasn't changed! A classic label I think you would recognise, even if you'd been in a coma for the past 5 years.
Also a little bit of insider knowledge - As of next February Peroni will be imported in kegs, so keep an eye out if you're favourite watering hole puts this on tap.


No comments: