Sunday, December 28, 2008

Distillerie Bertrand - Fleur de Biere

Now I know this isn't technically a beer but it's distilled from beer so I'm going to review it anyway.

According to the website it's distilled in a copper pot still at warm temperatures to preserve the aromatic qualities of the beer.

Crisp clear colour, a sweet fruity nose, with a touch of aniseed. Lots of anise and alcohol heat on the palate, I'm sure you're meant to drink this absolutely freezing so as to kill off any taste of the actual product. Quite a nice long lasting finish, amazingly light sweetness shines through with a little caramel maltiness on the finish.

This is the second distilled beer I have tried and easily the tastiest, the other being produced by the Chouffe Brewery in Belgium. This one is quite pleasant whlist the other had a horrible faux tequila taste that made me very ill. (it could have been the fact that I drank the whole bottle in one night but I'm sticking with the fact it wasn't very nice tasting)

Bertrand Fleur de Biere
France
alc - 40%
price - approx $80

No comments: