Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cascade Green

abv - 4.5% alc/vol
Tasmania, Australia
price - about $15/6pk and $50/ctn

I'm going to start my blogging career with a style of beer that is very popular at the moment with Australian drinkers (no not Corona!) - "Low Carb" - and I surround it with " " because I don't believe low carb to be a proper category for beer (sort of like low fat mayonnaise or diet coke)
Anyway I actually think this is a very good beer and probably the best example of a low carb beer I have tasted.

Smells just like a good lager should, clean with a sweet edge, although I think they might be using saaz hops in the brew as it seems to have a slight bitter edge to the palate which is why I really like Cascade Green. It has a bit of a pilsener bite and a nice lasting finish.

Not the most inspiring beer the world has to offer but a good mid-weeker non the less.
Check out the website if you're feeling particularly green.
Graham

No comments: