Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Floris Apple ale


What an interesting beer! The Belgians are very cleaver beer makers. I am normally ready to dislike these Lambic beers straight of the bat... Who wants to drink beer that tastes like apple?
Now i do.
I am going to plagiarise from a beer club web site because i cant say it any better my self " The aromas are at once sweet and tart, with a big burst of apple flavour and only the slightest hint of malt with apple pie spice"
I think the key is in the 'sweet and tart' really well combined and the finish is still full and dry, which makes it for me. Without the dry finish it would be too sweet.
If you want to read the story of how this beer came about go here. It is very interesting.
A little cloudy and pale yellow, goes great in the Riedel glass.

Dan

No comments: