Sunday, June 14, 2009

Seven Sheds Kentish Ale


Seven Sheds Kentish Ale
5.2% alc/vol
$9.70 - 750ml
Railton, Tasmania

whilst in Tasmania recently my new wife and I stopped at the Ashgrove cheese shop and while she was trying her way through the cheese I was drooling at the selection of beers from around Tasmania they had on offer. Needless to say it was our first fight, whether to spend more money on beer or cheese!

This is one of the beers I picked up, a Kentish Ale (bottle conditioned - so a nice yeasty smell greets you when you open the bottle) I wasnt too sure when I first opened it, but the smell of one of my old home brews blew off and it was rich fruit cake and molasses on the nose, it pours with a formidable head that really lasts.
On the palate it is a beer that lingers, strong coffee and chocolate are the primary flavours with a really floral palate. Not too heavy and a really good balance with the sweetness.

Seven Shed tips themselves as a brewery/meadery and hop garden with the head brewery writing a beer bible in 2006, so you'd hope he knew what he was doing.

Graham
On the palate it

1 comment:

Dan Brock said...

Congratulations on the 'new wife'