Sunday, June 14, 2009

stone and wood pale lager

I cant believe i am even drinking this beer, let alone reviewing it.
I brew my own beer at a micro brewery out at Brendale. When you have access to temperature controlled brewing kettles and basic ingredients you realise just how easy it is to brew basic beer. I am so sick of all these 'boutique' micro breweries claiming to have great beers. 
I must admit i have never seen a pale lager before. The word 'pale' is usually something i see before the words 'India' or 'Ale', not lager. Lager is a light fresh style of beer, why you would want to make it pale is beyond me.....
This beer is light in flavour. It is thin and dull. The bitterness you would normally receive at the end of a mouthful of beer is replaced by an almost shandy like experience.
I would like to say more but there is nothing to say.... Its a very basic, sad little beer.
Dan

No comments: