Monday, June 1, 2009

Red Angus Pilsener


Red Angus Pilsener
alc 4.8%
price - ??
From - Yarra Valley, VIC

I really like pilsner as a style (or should that be pilsener?) I only noticed this today, supposedly it's just a preference thing as to how you spell it, nothing to do with style.

Anyway, this is a really nice style, quite a fruity nose with a slight bitter green edge. On the palate it's maybe a bit too fruity, it reminds me of an IPA. But the more I drink the more it starts to grow on me. The flavour just keeps going, it's definatley a beer that screams for food, not the type of beer you'd just want to sit down and polish off a 6 pack.

Although the label says it's made by the William Bull Brewery, it's actually a De Bortoli venture, and good on them. According to the website over half of the malt comes from Bamberg in Germany which is alot of effort to put in, and I for one appreciate their effort.

Graham

No comments: